Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wednesday Already!

Hello,

First............ Is anyone else having problems leaving messages for other bloggers???? I cannot leave anyone a message for some reason. It just sends me in a circle asking me to log in, and then I do but it takes me back to the log in screen again:-(

I know I have been missing in action lately, but with the end of school this week and finals for my juniors, it has just been crazy. Besides for the fact that I have not been feeling so great, so the combination has kind of left me with very little energy for anything not school related.

I am so sad that I didn't make it my students graduation last night for the first time in a long time. I just was not feeling well enough to drive 30+ miles and sit in the cold, wind and a rain. I have to say when my students came by today to visit me today I even felt worse, although they were very understanding and felt like I should not have gone either, but I so love this group of kids.

On to something a little brighter.............. I have a few pictures, although only taken with my iPhone to share with you and ask your opinion on.


Each side has something kind of like this on it
 

This is a 9X9 canvas that I put layers and layers of paint, paper, stamping, and a few other things on. Its kind of hard to really tell how rustic, but colorful it came out. My question is.......... I was planning on putting the dress form that I made on it, but after seeing how rustic the canvas came out I don't think its a good fit. So now I am not sure what to use as a focal point for the canvas. I am thinking maybe something Steampunk, but I have no idea what. So if you have any ideas let me know, because the canvas and dress form will be sitting for a while until I can decide what to do with them. I am happy with both, just not together. By the way, the dress form is not done yet, I still have some work to do on the wings and I have not assembled the whole thing together yet. So........... any ideas would be great:-)

I started out using the Tim Holtz dress form die I bought, but had no idea when I ordered it that it was so small. I am kind of disappointed with the size, so I just drew this and cut it out and used some of his grunge board pieces as the stand. Although now I am not sure I like the way it looks, but that is easily changed.

I have to share this with you. I got it off a friends FaceBook page. I know its been changed in Photoshop, but I really think it is sooooooooo cute.

I just love Photoshop:-)

Have wonderful rest of the week.

Warm Wishes, CindyLew
 

4 comments:

  1. There's always some problem with the blog regarding comments/ pictures/ followers. I usually manage to solve it in the end by searching for tips on Google or Blogger.

    You seem to be a very dedicated teacher. Now with the end of school you should try to relax and "recharge your batteries".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic pieces just as they are!! The littlle ddress form is adorabe too!!

    I got those images from cinderella!! It is really closeisn't it? Life imatating art for sure!!

    I can't leave comments on some blogs, and on some I can. Like yours allows "annoymous' comments, so that is what I used.

    Hope this blog thing goes away soon!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you,, I love this,, such a depth you have created so rich,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the red piece. It has such gorgeous and intriguing textures. A very bold and beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Bloggy Friends:

Thank you for stopping by. All of your comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to reading them; I will return the visit soon. Until Then....... Have a wonderful day!!!

Warm Wishes, CindyLew